Hello! How was everyone’s week? I hope it was good!
I worked SO much this week. Between our Easter Egg Hunt event last Saturday and our Breakfast with the Easter Bunny event yesterday, it was a busy one. I had to clean out one of our company vehicles, load it up again, and make Easter goodie bags (which is surprisingly difficult when all of your coworkers are stealing pieces of the candy that was supposed to go in them). To top it off, it was the end of a month, which means I also had a lot of paperwork to do!
Needless to say, it was a long week where I, as usual, did not write down what I ate. I did, however, make it to the gym twice in the mornings!
Before you get all up in arms about how I said I was going to do it every morning, let me tell you what else I did. And it was probably the highlight of my week. I tried a goalie clinic!
(Photo from The Hockey Writers)
Yup. I put all that gear on and got in the way of flying pucks for 45 minutes. It was an absolute blast and so exhausting. All of the gear was too big for me, so I was tripping all over myself. I ended up switching the helmet out with my player helmet at one point because it was easier to see in. All in all, I actually managed to stop a few shots and started to feel a little more confident at the end of the clinic. Since then, I’ve been looking into buying my own set of gear, starting with the leg pads, and slowly getting into the goalie position.
I wish I had a picture of myself in all that gear so you guys could see just how big it was. Goalie gear is a lot heavier than I anticipated, too, so I got a good workout just walking around in it, let alone getting up and down on the ice. I was sore for several days after the clinic, so I took the time to rest my muscles instead of pushing too hard. I’ll be back at the gym this week, though, as I’m currently in between seasons in both of my leagues (insert sad face emoji here) and need to keep the body moving!
So to quickly recap:
- Tricep Dips – 3×12 bodyweight
- Tricep Pulldowns – 3×15 at 15 lbs
- Chest Fly – 3×15 at 10 lbs
- Front Raise – 3×12 at 8 lbs
- Chest Press – 3×15 at 8 lbs
- Shoulder Press – 3×15 at 10 lbs
- Incline Press – 3×15 at 8 lbs
- Russian Twists – 3×20 at 10 lbs
- Leg Lifts – 3×8 at bodyweight
- Lat Pulldowns – 3×15 at 40 lbs
- Back Lat Pulldowns – 3×15 at 40 lbs
- Back Extensions – 3×15 bodyweight
- Hammer Curls – 3×12 at 8 lbs
- Pull Ups – 3×10-8-6 at 85 lbs
- Upright Rows – 3×15 at 12 lbs
- Cable Face Pulls – 3×15 at 12 lbs
- Leg Lifts – 2×8 bodyweight
- Treadmill Incline Interval – 30 minutes (both days)
Ok, we’re at the part where I do my best to remember what I ate all week. Here we go!
- I know we went to Chilis after my 3v3 hockey game. John and I shared their new chicken (yes, I know I’m a vegetarian…) and waffles slider type things and the buffalo cauliflower. SO good.
- I think Tuesday was the day that I ordered a 4-cheese pizza for lunch because I was too busy to even leave my office for food.
- I had leftover pizza and some yogurt for lunch on Wednesday. Easy peasy.
- I made a nice big bowl of honey and oat cereal for dinner. #FineDining
- I can’t remember if I even ate on Thursday. This was the night I was at work until about 9pm. I start my day around 7:30am…
- John made his famous mac and cheese Friday night. I had a too-big portion, but it was so tasty!
- I had Chick-fil-A breakfast on Saturday, again breaking the vegetarian code. If you had those chicken minis, though, you would understand.
- For dinner, I went out with John’s family and ordered a delicious Southwestern Chili Lime salad full of beans, corn, and avocado.
- Breakfast consisted of a mix of honey and oats and chocolate almond cereals. I was running low on the honey and oats box, so I just added the chocolate almond to fill the bowl. I swear I’m a gourmet chef.
I think that’s about it for the weekly recap, my friends!