- To feel better in my own skin
- To have more energy in my daily life
- To improve in hockey
- See a new continent
- See snow again
- Take my boyfriend on a cruise (he’s never been on one)
- Avoid caring what others thing about me and just do me. Do what makes me happy and don’t compare myself to anyone but past me.
- Stop checking social media first thing in the morning – just get in the damn shower and get my ass ready for the day!
- Learn basic French
- Nothing is set in stone – not even time. Be more adaptable and flexible.
- Read at least one book per month – more if the time is available (I’ve started back on the Harry Potter series to get me back into the swing of things, but I’m always taking recommendations!)
- Read more articles pertaining to parks and recreation (my current work industry) and share them with my staff.
- NEVER weigh yourself during that time of the month. You’re just bloated and grumpy. Why make it worse?
- Take progress photos and measurements every 30 days.
- Avoid eating out of boredom.
- NO EXCUSES! Unless, of course, I’m (actually) sick. That’s an acceptable excuse.
How do you get your protein?
- Many foods have protein; not just meat! It’s just a matter of choosing the right combination. I eat a lot of beans, quinoa, and Greek yogurt to help.
Why did you become a vegetarian?
- Many people go vegetarian for the love of the animals. While I do love the little critters, my main motivation was my own health. I have a family history of high blood pressure and cholesterol, so I’d like to avoid having to be on medication for as long as possible.